Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Schooled by Gordon Korman

I read the book schooled by Gordon Korman. This book is a realistic fiction. It is about a homeschooled, ungroomed hippie. He lives with his grandmother in a house that use to be a neighborhood inhabited by hippies and is now just one lone house. This house is technologically in the 60s. It has no TV, its powered by a generator and has no running water. But when cap's mother breaks her leg and has to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks cap will have to live with a normal family in a normal school while she recovers from her injury.
 I liked this book because it made a lot of references to the 60s that I understood. Though this also why I wouldn't recommend this book to most people. I say this because this book mentions things related to Woodstock (not the bird) and Jimi Hendrix songs. That is why I would and wouldn't recommend this book .

Topher- 7th grader