Thursday, October 28, 2010

Esperanza Rising- Pam Muñoz Ryan

Cover image One of the books that I have read in the past year was Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan.  This realistic fiction and drama book is about a girl that had a very good life then it starts getting worse and worse by the second.  Esperanza is a girl in Mexico and she always wanted a good life.  Her father has been ambushed and killed when she turned 12. That night her house went into flames.  Esperanza and her mother lost all of their money and all of their things. So they had to go all the way to California to work. It was pretty hard for Esperanza and her mother. Later in the book Esperanza’s mother started to get very ill, so she couldn’t work.
I loved this book a lot because I like to read realistic fiction books and I like to read drama books. When I read the back of this book I thought that it would be a perfect book for me.  I think that this book belongs to anybody that likes a lot of drama.  They would enjoy this book because there is a play about it and you might enjoy the play. Therefore you might like the book.
Maya J.- Mr. Lubin