Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

Have you ever wanted to make a difference? Well in this book Roy does just that. This magnificent novel is titled Hoot by Carl Hiaasen. In this realistic fiction book Roy hears about a pancake house being built in the area. At first he is very excited about it. Little does he know there are burrowing owls at the construction site. All the owls will be buried once Mother Paula's goes up. When Roy finds this out he will do whatever he can to do to stop this from happening. Will Roy save the helpless, endangered baby owls? That is what you will have to find out. I really enjoyed this book because it never got boring and it always had me on the edge of my seat. Also, it is very descriptive so you can visualize what is happening. I would recommend this book to boys and girls around my age. This is because they could probably connect to this book just like I did. Lastly, this is a great book and you should consider reading it.


Matt S.- 7th grader