Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Don’t You Dare Read This Mrs. Dumphrey by Margaret Peterson Haddix


Hi, my name is Tish. I have no friends, no family, just my little brother and me. Everyday I strive for every penny to get by our struggles. My mom doesn’t love me, and my dad hurts us in ways you couldn’t bare. Every week I write a journal to my Language Arts teacher, Ms Dunphrey. The only way I get by these days are writing to her. I mean she can’t even read them, so why not? These days all I hope is that my brother and I survive, even if we have nothing to live for.

This is how Tish felt about everything in her life. The genre is realistic fiction. The book, Don’t you Dare Read This Mrs. Dunphrey, is written by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I chose this book because my friend loved it and I thought I would too. Reading this book felt like you were actually there. My overall my experiences with this book have been great.

Casey B. - 7th Grader