Friday, January 22, 2010

Life on Other Worlds by Ray Spangenburg and Kit Moser


This book answers questions that humans have been asking for a very long time, one that is notable is "Are we alone?" IT starts out by giving teh best possible definition of what life is. The philosophy is that if we don't know what life is here, then how will we be able to identify it or even find it on other planets. Moreover, The scientists mentioned in the book have beliefs and opinions that stunned me.

My opinion of the book is all positive except for one flaw that constantly bohtered me as I read. Life on Other Worlds was written such a long time ago that it is a noticably outdated. Future expeditions to space that are mentioned in the text have occurred a few years ago. Also, I felt that I could learn much more about the topic today because of how much science has progressed.

Evan A
8th grade science student