Monday, November 1, 2010

Hunting Memories by Barb Hendee

The book I chose was Hunting Memories by Barb Hendee. It is a fantasy fiction book. The main character Elisha is a vampire, who is living in Portland with her two companions Phillip a vampire, and Wade a human; who all have telepathy. One day they receive a letter from Rose, another vampire who wants to reach out to others of her kind. Elisha has found out a new way to draw out victim's blood without having to kill them. She wants to share this new information with Rose. Elisha also wants other vampires to come and form a haven and bond against Julian Ashton; a vampire who has been killing his own kind for the past century. She wants to meet Rose face to face, but doesn't know what to expect. She may even be a spy for Julian, but Elisha is willing to risk it. Memories are coming out from the past that all seem to connect with each other.            I enjoyed Hunting Memories by Barb Hendee. I read the summary on the back and thought it would be interesting, I also noticed that it was a vampire book and I enjoy those types of stories. The thing I liked most about the book was the plot. It reminded me a little of the Twilight Saga. I think that anyone who enjoys vampires and creatures living in a world together will enjoy this book. 


Julie S.- Mr. Lubin's class